Monday, April 29, 2013

Yielding: Why I almost gave up the A-Z Challenge

Y is for Yield

  Okay, don't get me wrong I have enjoyed doing the A to Z challenge this month. It has helped me think about the depths of my story, my characters, my setting it's even helped me double my followers.

   However the A to Z challenge has also really confined me in some ways. I have not written anything of my own in almost a month because my brain has been so focused on writing this and coming up with new things. My attention span has been dwindling and I've been unable to focus on anything. It's even a chore for me to get these short little posts over and done with.

  I wake up go to work, come home, try to have a normal life and somewhere along the line I have to remember to write one of these posts. By the time I get home from work I hardly want to do anything at all let alone writing an insignificant post that hardly anyone sees and even less people actually care enough to read.

  It's just really frustrating because I want to finish the challenge but I want to be able to write my own stories. It probably doesn't help that I am stressed out about other things, but usually writing has a way to de-stress and calm me but not recently.

  Sometimes I even think that me doing the A to Z challenge has helped more than hinder. What if after this is over I still can't open my mind enough? When I go back to blogging when I want to and not when I feel like I have to what if my creativity still doesn't come back?

   I've been trying so hard to see this through but it really has hindered me and I will be so happy when this is over. I love to blog...but my way on my own time.

No comments:

Post a Comment