Thursday, April 11, 2013

It's not the destination its the Journey

J is for Journey

  This is the post where I start to talk about the journey I've been on as far as my writing. I've come a long way from my first book that I started to write in 8th grade. In fact I spent most of my High School career writing my first book that I didn't even get finished. It was a female driven LOTR type story but I got stuck on the gigantic war chapter and it just fizzled out. Now that I go back and read it, its kinda like that horrible first book everyone has to write to get it out of the way. I was trying way too hard to be the next J.K. Rowling or J.R.R. Tolkien and it didn't work out.

  Most people know why my second story got shelved but just in case anyone doesn't I'll explain. I was writing a vampire story because I have been obsessed with them since I was 12 and saw Interview with a Vampire. My vampire book was very witty, made fun of vampires in pop culture (yes even as a fan of Twilight I can make fun of it, my twilight parodies prove that.) I loved writing it because there was more to it than meets the eye and one day when I'm published I think it could bring vampires back.

  Then there is my current book which as my few followers know is about the children of the Big Four Archangels, Demi-Angels. Yes I can't figure out a better name for them...but names is for the N day. Just a warning my N post will probably be pretty long because I have had a huge battle with names. As far as this spot on my journey I feel good about where I am. If I keep working hard I could have my first draft done by the end of the summer. It's just hard because life happens around you and effects your writing journey. I wish I didn't have to work or make money or have a life outside of my little writing world. I wish I could just lock myself in a room and just focus on writing but I can't. Learning how to balance is part of the journey too and that is also a lesson the four Demi-Angels have to learn in their first year of college when they find out who they really are.

  See even in my world somehow it all comes full circle...that's my kind of journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment